so first if you didn't read my introduction I live in France, I am 34 and I always wanted to have a C-3PO (wich is called Z-6PO in the french dub version of episode IV by the way, don't ask why maybe because it's easier to pronounce in french) today I started officially to work on my protocol droid. I got my first part for my C-3PO (the head) from Jim a few days ago (more like a week or even more).
So I will post here some updates so that you can follow my build if you would like to.
Thank God for the Dremel! So today I drilled the eyes and mouth and also trimmed the sides of the front part of the head. I also filled the small air bubbles on the antenna, eyes and side and back discs.
All of you must already know how messy it is to work with the Dremel on plastic, so I am very glad I did it outside...!
First time ever using the Dremel as well and I must say it is a must have tool to work on a C-3PO. I don't know how I could have done it without it.
Anyway, here is the result of today's work :
I still need to sand a little more the eyes holes with the sand paper and the bottle technique for the eyes to fit properly.